Sunday, September 12, 2010

The One About the Lazy Weekend

     I really just needed a lazy weekend.  Life has just been flying by since school started, and it is starting to catch up with me.  I have been going in early and staying late, just trying to make a dent in my ever-growing To Do list. I was so tired today that I even took a nap.  I am not a napper.  But today, I just couldn't function.  I am so glad Ernie was around a lot this weekend to help me out with the boys.
     I started the weekend running the Bread N Jam Festival 5k.  I really debated running or not, because I haven't run much since the half-marathon in May.  I haven't run the 5k distance since June.  I am a "bit" competetive, so I didn't want to even do it if I couldn't run the entire thing.  Suprisingly I did run it all, and at a really good pace.  I was proud of myself.  It felt so good!  I can't even really remember what else we did yesterday.  Went for a walk.  Cleaned the house.  I was tempted to stay up late and catch up on my backlog of TV shows on the DVR, but I was just too tired.
    Today, we mowed the lawn, went to the park for a long time, and just played outside.  Here are some pics from our day.  Thank goodness the boys are scheduled for haircuts tomorrow afternoon, because they are getting really shaggy.  You can't tell from the pictures, but Asher is just about ready to cross the line from shaggy into full-blown mullet. 

The huge yearly decision about what to be for Halloween.  We have already gone from mean dog to spider, and now to cowboy.  This is why I always wait until the last minute to buy his costume.  If we do stick with the cowboy costume, that will be really easy because we already have the hat and guns. 


"Puppy!" 

Ernie already has Gavin in training for baseball...not T-ball...baseball!  I love his facial expressions in these pictures.



And finally a close-up of my little man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment