Asher has been saying many new words and phrases lately, so I thought I would share some and tell a funny story about him. He's getting very functional with his language. He says: up (to be picked up), all done, bite, poopy, and pizza. He also asks, "Where's Daddy?" When he wants to show me something, he runs up to me and rattles of a long string of "words" and then points to where he wants me to go. Last night, he put himself to bed. He got his blankie, gave me his last kiss, and then said, "Nigh-nigh" and ran into his bedroom. If only it were that easy every night. Not that he is a hard one to get to sleep. He usually does pretty well.
Asher was in the bathtub one day last week, and I yelled Ernie's name to get him to come in there. Asher repeated me: "Ernie!" This isn't new, since he pretty much repeats everything we say. I didn't think he really understood what he was saying. This morning, I was changing his diaper and Ernie was in the other room. Asher was yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!" Well, that didn't work so he switched to "Ernie! Ernie!" :) Guess he did understand that "Ernie" also is a name for "Daddy."
No comments:
Post a Comment