Bet that title makes you want to read on. :) This post is about Asher's latest developments. First, I'll explain the pooty title. Asher now tells us when he poops. So he'll disappear for a bit, and then come back and say, "Mommy, I Pooty." I wish I could record him, because he always says this in the exact same sing-songy way. He drags out the word pooty. It's adorable. Not the poopy diaper, but his voice.
Asher uses our names often. Instead of just saying, "I done", he usually adds our name, "I done, Daddy!" I took him to the doctor today and as we were walking out of the room, he screams "I done!!" for the entire office to hear. He is saying so many words that I can't even count them, and combining words into short sentences. We hear, "I sit" when he sits on the couch or on your lap. When it is bedtime and he is trying to con you into staying up later, he says, "I sit couch. Couch!!" When I leave in the morning, I hear "Bye bye, Mommy. Bye bye." He just has the sweetest little voice.
When I am doing the laundry, my little shadow comes a running, "I push!" He likes to push the wet laundry into the dryer when I drop it on the open door. That is his chore. Then we hear, "I shut." If we leave a door open, he immediately shuts it. When he gets to daycare in the morning, the first thing he does is run down Lisa's hallway and shut the doors. I guess his pet peeve is open doors?
When we drive down the road, he is constantly on the lookout for cows, tractors, or "wo wee woze"--his way of saying 4-wheelers. He LOVES "wo wee woze." Anything round is still a basketball to him. I gave him a sucker the other day and heard, "that a basketball."
He is a huge Daddy's boy. All day long, I hear "Where Daddy? Where Daddy?" Then when he sees Ernie pull up at night, he gets his little arm waving so fast.
He still isn't the cuddler like Gavin, but he is getting better. He blows kisses a lot now, or just makes the noise sometime with his mouth. His hug is sometimes just a lean in, but that is better than nothing to me. He just has such a little personality...such a great sense of humor. He is also very social like Ernie, telling people "Hi" when he sees them.
We did discover he has a slight fear of car washes and elevators. I remember when Gavin was younger and we drove through a car wash, he totally freaked out on me. He started clawing at his buckles yelling, "Get me out of here!!" When Asher went through his first time, his eyes got really big and he got very scared. We went through one last week, and he did much better. At the hospital for my Grandma's birthday party, Asher started bawling in the elevator. So when we went back to visit her Sunday night, we watched him as we walked up to it. He immediately remembered what it was, and took off in the other direction. We talked him through it, and I think he will be okay next time.
Gavin has gotten really into games. He likes to play computer games on NickJr.com...which we have to limit b/c he would seriously sit and play all night if we let him. He also loves playing Skip Bo and Old Maid. After Asher goes to sleep, that is our game time. I feel bad, because Gavin doesn't usually get to play those until Asher goes to bed, so he is always asking me, "When is Asher going to bed?" A baby brother is such an inconvience to a preschooler. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment