Sunday, March 27, 2011

The One About the Unspoken Seating Chart

     I think we have reached the point where the high chair can be hauled out. Asher refuses to sit there. He now takes his rightful place at the breakfast island. And not just at the island, but on the south end of the island. He has already figured out that Gavin sits on the north side, and his place is the south side. I tried to put him in "Gavin's chair" this morning, and he threw a fit. Funny how kids figure things out so quickly. He also now refuses to even sit in the booster seat at the island.  He prefers to just sit on his knees directly on the chair. However, he will move over to Gavin's chair if Gavin has left food on his plate uneaten. Then he has no problem crawling into that chair and scarfing down the leftover food, which I caught him doing the other night.
    Ernie went to the Big Buck Classic in Omaha for the weekend. Unfortunately, with the yucky weather, the boys and I were stuck inside all weekend.  I tried my best to keep them busy.  Downtime is hard on Mommy.   Best to keep them busy when you are outnumbered.  We got absolutely nothing productive accomplished this weekend, but those always seem to be the most meaningful weekends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment