Wednesday, April 20, 2011
The One About The Big Red Barn
The first time it happened, we thought he was just tired. Then it happened again and again. Whenever we read the book The Big Red Barn, Asher cries. He is fine at the beginning of the book when the animals are around the barn. He loves when the mice are in the cornfield. However, when the sun starts going down and the animals trudge up to the barn to go to sleep, he starts getting that sad look on his face. When I turn the page and the animals are in the dark barn sleeping, the tears start to fall and I hear, "Nigh, nigh." The first time it happened, he wasn't just crying. He was sobbing when the animals went to sleep. I even said, "Asher, they aren't dead. They're just sleeping." He was just so affected by that part. Even after we had moved on and I had gone back to the beginning of the book, he was doing that cute little baby "catch your breath" that happens after crying hard. For being such a rough, little guy, he is so sensitive about those farm animals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment