Sunday, April 3, 2011

The One About the Bike Riding

     What a busy weekend!  We crammed a lot into the last two days.  On Saturday morning, the boys played while I did some heavy spring cleaning.  I was able to keep them inside till around 11:00, and then we just had to get out.  We took a walk to get the mail and then around town.  After lunch, Shayla and I took the boys to the park in Clearwater.  There were a couple of boys there playing who were around the same ages as Gavin and Asher.  Asher followed the 1-year-old boy around repeating, "Hi baby."  Then he insisted on touching his curly hair saying, "Nice baby."  They had a good time playing.  We came home, cleaned up, and then Gavin and I went to church to watch Allison make her First Communion.  Allison is the daughter of Lisa, the boys' daycare provider.  Asher stayed home with his Daddy.  He has difficulty making it through a normal mass, let alone a longer First Communion mass.  Gavin had told Father Kramper last week that he needed a new rice bowl b/c his was full, so Father announced in church that Gavin had already filled one of his rice bowls and was starting on his second.  :) 
   After church, Gavin, Ernie, Shayla, and I went to DW's for supper.  Asher got to stay with his cousin, Sammie.  We ate and then headed to a wedding reception/dance, where Gavin was so excited to see his best friend, Sydney.  The kids played, and Ernie and I were able to catch up with Josh and Megan, who we haven't seen since the Super Bowl. 
   On Sunday, we slept in (well 7:30...which is really sleeping in for us).  We ate breakfast, and then set out for a family walk around town.  Ernie and the boys stopped to play at the park, while I came home to finish some of my cleaning and workout.  When they got home, we decided that it was time to teach Gavin to ride his bike without training wheels.  I have never been so proud/scared to death at the same time in my life. 





Gavin's friend, Emma, from next door came over to cheer him on.  I love his hair in this picture.  Today was so windy, and definitely not an ideal day for teaching, but it worked.  However, we did have some accidents.

    He did so well though, and within 20 minutes or so he was riding up to 2 blocks by himself.  I ran alongside him, and got some sprinting in.


Asher ran along with us all for awhile, and then got bored and headed to his treehouse.  Today was "go down the slide on your tummy backwards" day. 




Gavin pushed Asher on the swing, and Asher screamed for his life.


     After lunch, Ernie, Gavin, and I headed to Norfolk.  Poor Asher was left home again.  We took Gavin to see the Easter movie HOP, his 2nd movie theatre experience.  It was a cute movie.  We went to Target afterwards to buy Gavin a new bike helmet, and Gavin decided that we should take Asher home some Easter candy.  He chose Peeps, dipped in chocolate on the bottom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment