Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The One About the Journal

    As part of the Happiness Project (the book I am currently reading), Gretchen Rubin starts a 1-sentence journal.  She commits to write 1-2 sentences in her journal each day, picking out what she wants to most remember.  Little things...things that make her smile.  I think this is a great idea.  I am known to have these grand ideas of memory keeping, but then life gets in the way and things get thrown to the side.  If I leave my journal and a pen on my nightstand, I should be able to take a few minutes before I go to bed to write down something that I want to remember from the day  I don't have a journal, so I went on Amazon and found this awesome one with a Gustave Klimt design on the front.  That makes me happy just thinking about it.  Gustave Klimt is one of my favorite artists (along with Marc Chagall).  I have always loved art.  Not drawing or doing it myself because as my students know, I can barely draw a stick person.  But I very much appreciate the work of others, particularly those two artists.  Since I have been busy with babies, that passion has been pushed to the side along with many other things.  Lately, I feel like now that the boys are a bit older, I can slowly start to add those things back into my life and my time. 
    Since I don't have my journal, I thought I would blog something that I want to remember from today.  Last night, there was a tornado and severe storm south of Clearwater.  So this morning, Ernie wanted to take the boys out to look at the damage.  Both boys were mesmerized by the upside-down pivots and smashed grain bins.  We kept hearing, "Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!"  from both of them.  So cute.  Something else I want to remember from today is Asher's swollen forehead and nose.  This really should not be funny, but it appears that he got bit by a bug or spider of some sort, and his forehead and the bridge of his nose are really swollen.  I called the doctor to make sure I shouldn't rush him to the ER, but they advised me to use Benadryl cream and only panic if he starts acting different.  Anyway, he totally looks like he is a character on Avatar.  Or one of the vampires from the 90's TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.   Poor little guy.  Hopefully the swelling is down by the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment