Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The One About My Little Farmers

One of the main reasons I wanted to move to the country was so that the boys grew up right smack in the middle of the farming lifestyle.  We always lived away from it, and so my brothers weren't there every day when they were little, learning from my Dad.  Surprisingly, they both came back to learn as adults.  When my Dad left in the morning, he was gone all day and we didn't see him until late at night.  I hated that.  He couldn't pop in for lunch or to pick one of us up for an hour.  I wanted my boys to grow up learning about it, riding in the tractors often, going along with their Daddy to check pivots, etc..  It is so much easier to do all this when you live near the fields.  Tonight, we were playing outside and Uncle Travis pulled right up to the house with the planter and picked up the boys.  (Very nice break for Mommy, I might add).  :) 

Both boys think they want to be farmers when they grow up.  They are already growing their own mini-beanfield in our back yard.  We don't have grass yet, so Gavin found some soybeans in Papa's building and brought them up.  The boys planted them and have been watering them.  Here are my little farmers with their first beanfield.


They are going to be so crushed when the guys come to poor the cement patio right over their beanfield.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment