Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The One About Callum's 1st birthday

     The week before Callum's birthday, we had gone to O'Neill to Beerose Photos to have smash cake and birthday pictures done.  I have seen a few, and am so excited to see the rest.  The boys were really pumped for the smash cake pictures, and cheered Callum on as he poked at the cake.  He didn't really "smash" it, but by the end he had destroyed half of it.
     Because it was a super busy week for us with Nate's wedding, we just had a small birthday celebration a few nights before Callum's birthday.  Here are some pictures from that night:





Aunt Jess got Callum some baby Sperry's, but he wasn't a big fan of shoes.


   I really can't believe Callum is 1-year old.  I know everyone says this, but the year went so quickly.  Luckily, Callum is small so I can't pretend he is my baby for bit longer.  :)  He is 20 lbs, 6 ozs and 30.8 inches tall.  He is in the 15th percentile for weight, which I find so funny b/c the other boys were NEVER under 90th percentile.  I don't think Asher was ever under the 98th percentile.  Callum is so tiny!  He is in the 78th percentile for height.  Callum says Mama, Dada, and a word that sounds like tractor, but he says it randomly, not in reference to a tractor.  The first time he said it, he was imitating Daddy.  Then we made such a big deal out of it that he kept repeating it over and over again.  I immediately grabbed toy tractors so he would realize what the word meant that he was repeating, but I don't think it's sunk in yet.  Callum is standing on his own for several seconds, but not yet walking.  He has taken a step or two at times, but hasn't taken off to full blown walking. Which is completely fine, since I told him he was not allowed to walk before Uncle Nate's wedding anyway.  He walks around furniture, and can crouch down on his own, pickup a toy, and stand straight back up.  Callum crawls three ways:  army crawl, bear crawl, and regular crawl.  He army crawls less now, b/c he can go so much faster with the bear crawl.  The kid can really book it across the room if he wants to.  He is definitely a Mama's boy, and wants to be held most of the time.  If he isn't on my hip and sees me, he immediately starts whimpering for me.  Yes, it's hard because I pretty much have learned to do everything with him on my hip, but I do secretly love it.  I think he knows his place in this family as the baby brother.  He is milking it for all it's worth.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment