Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The One About Gavin's Birthday

    I've been ignoring my blog lately.   Work hasn't slowed down, and I just haven't made much an effort to blog.  We survived Gavin's birthday.  My baby is now 4 years old.  The entire week before his birthday party was a countdown.  "How many days till by party?"  We had times of tears, "Mommy, I can't wait any longer."  Finally, the day arrived.  We had a fun night, other than Asher beating up on his cousin Thatcher.  He was just obsessed with Thatcher, and followed him around saying "baby, baby." Which is funny since Thatcher is older than Asher.  He gets so excited with babies, and just can't keep his hands to himself.  He started pushing, hitting, petting, etc..  Asher spent some quality alone time in time-out that night.  Gavin was excited because his friend Sydney came to his party.  Since Sydney moved to Albion, he hasn't seen her very often.  So it was a great birthday gift to have her come play at his house.  At the end of the night, we had a fun night watching Sydney and Gavin in their pajamas running around the living room and play Hot Potato.  :) 
   As for the party, we had a full night of Batman fun. 






     On Sunday, we took Gavin to Norfolk bowling.  He has never been bowling before, so this was a brand new experience.  He was very excited that he got to wear bowling shoes.


Ernie gave Gavin a few lessons on how to throw the ball down the alley.


And then Gavin decided that his way was much more fun. 


Gavin liked bowling, but I think he liked dancing to the music more. 
 Then we hit the arcade, which he LOVED!  I think he had a wonderful 4th birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment