Thursday, December 30, 2010

The One About the Nook

   I finally did it.  After months or maybe a year...of thinking about, researching, thinking more about Kindle vs. Sony vs. Nook, I took my Christmas money and purchased my very own Nook at Barnes and Noble. 



   I ended up walking into Barnes and Noble at the same time as this older gentleman who also had been questioning which Ereader to purchase.  Between his questions and my questions, I think we really made the salesperson earn her wage.  I have already written a post about my love of books and reading, so I won't go into that again.  I just figure that with the WAY I read, it really will be more convenient.
   Let me explain what I mean by that.  I don't read one book at a time.  Currently, I have about 3 books going.  It depends on my mood, which book I will read at any given time.  I have always been like that.  Now sometimes this goes completely out the window and I pick up a book that I cannot put down and read straight through.  Oooh...great time to stop and recommend a WONDERFUL book that I read last weekend.  It is called Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  My friend, Gina, recommended it to me.  Now when Ernie asked what my book was about, his face looked of complete shock when I responded with, "the circus."  Not my usual topic.  He looked even more shocked when I told him that one of the characters in the book was a midget named Kinko.  :)  Have I peaked your interest yet?   I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a way to pass your time on cold, snowy day.  Oh, and they are making it into a movie starring Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon...if that adds motivation to read the book before the movie comes out. 
   My friend Kelly and I have talked about starting up a book club.  I would LOVE to do this.  This fall we started a monthly Ladies Night Out club where we meet at DW's to eat, drink, and catch up.  The last two times, we actually have spent much of the night talking about this great book on Christian marriage that many of us have read.  So maybe we can make that switch to book club.  Until then, maybe I will just review my books on this blog.  The first book I downloaded on my Nook was The Nine Rooms of Happiness: Loving Yourself, Finding Your Purpose, and Getting Over Life's Little Imperfections.  I have seen this reviewed in several magazines, and it looks really interesting.  However, I am also in the middle of Sarah Palin's new book America By Heart.  The first chapter of that book just blew me away.  I can't wait to keep reading.  I also have a couple books by Christian authors that I want to finish.  So many books, so little time.  Hopefully my Nook will help me, as I can now carry ALL my books with me in one lightweight device. 

No comments:

Post a Comment