Monday, May 2, 2011

The One About the Time-Out Spot

    Asher has started his Terrible Two Tantrums.  Lately when he doesn't get his way, he stomps his feet and yells, "No!  No!  No!"  Needless to say, he has been spending some quality time on the Time-Out mat.  This is a circular mat that I ordered when Gavin was two years old.  Well apparently, Asher thinks it is "his" personal seat, b/c the other night Gavin had to go to time-out, and Asher ran over to the mat hysterical, yelling, "I sit!  I sit!" trying to pull the mat out from under Gavin.  :) 
    Tonight, I left the bathroom for a second while the boys were in the tub and came back to a flood on the floor (that's what I get for trying to do an errand while they are in the tub).  When Daddy got home, Gavin was telling him all about the mess.  Ernie told Gavin that if the floor got too wet, then it would cave in, and Dodie would kick us out of the house.  He told Gavin that he and Asher would have to live out in their treehouse playground in the yard.  Gavin's response to this:  "That's a great idea, Daddy.  We can live there.  Then we'll order food from the bar, and you can go get it for us." 

No comments:

Post a Comment