Thursday, September 15, 2011

The One About the ABC's and Talking Larry

Gavin has been bringing home some preschool homework occasionally.  Of course, when Gavin sits down to do his homework, Asher must do homework too.  So we have been working with him on colors, shapes, and the ABC's lately.  Right now, everything is green (because of John Deere, of course).  Here is Asher's version of the ABC's:   A, B, C, D, F, and G.   And I do believe the counting to 17 in order was a complete fluke, because tonight he was all over the place with his "teen" numbers.  9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 15, 14, 20.....  Still, I am very impressed with him being able to count to 10 at age two.  I have some 4 and 5-year olds I work with who can't even do that. 




The other night, I discoved this hilarious app on my IPAD.  It is called Talking Larry.  Talking Larry is a bird, and he repeats everything you say.  The boys had so much fun.  I wish I had video of them.  They were taking turns saying things, and then when Larry repeated them, they giggled and giggled...which then made Larry giggle and giggle.  And on it went.  Because they are true boys, we had to do the whole, "You have a stinky butt" and "You have stinky farts" for Larry to repeat.  Lovely.  It is truly amazing how many times the words poop, butt, toot, and fart are mentioned in our house.  Dear God:  Please make my next child a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment