Monday, February 13, 2012

The One About the House (2.13.12)

This picture of the house is actually from a week ago, but not much has changed on the outside.  The windows went in the first week of February.  There is a front door between those two windows on the front porch. 

     Last week, the electrician and heating and air guy started working in the house.  This week, they are finishing up and the plan to is to start with dry wall on Friday.  Ernie is getting his surround sound in the basement wired up today.  I need to order my flooring this week, as well as start picking out my paint colors.  I have Friday off work, so we are getting our taxes done and then spending the day in Tilden and Norfolk making more decisions.  I have been spending a lot of time online today trying to find a unique backsplash for the kitchen.  I think I know what I want, but was hoping to find a picture that would show it. 
   Today, the boys and I made their Valentines to take to daycare and now are getting ready to make some Valentines Whoopie Pies.  I haven't posted a lot lately, because my head is pretty much clouded with house stuff.  I have trouble focusing on other things.  I am ready for this process to be over so I can think about other things. 
    Babywise, I have about one week left of my first trimester.  I am hoping I start to get some energy back.  Thankfully, Ernie has been home on the weekends and I have been able to take some naps.  I don't know how I get through my workdays without naps sometimes.  I am feeling really well though, although many things have slipped these last few weeks that normally I wouldn't let happen.  I don't really care.  Sometimes you just have to go into survival mode.  :)  With everything going on right now, I know some of the balls have to drop.  It will all be worth it in the end, and nobody will suffer long-term damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment