I realize I could title a blog post about every 6 weeks as being "The One About Ear Infections." My poor boys. Actually, Gavin hasn't had an ear infection since he got his tubes put in June 2009. But poor Asher continues to struggle with them, even with tubes. I really need to invest in an otoscope. Chances are good that if I think he has an ear infection, he has one...so I guess we would be going to the doctor anyway. Last week, I knew Asher was getting a cold. He was coughing a lot, but I didn't notice any wheezing or anything. Mid-morning last Wednesday, Lisa called and said his breathing suddenly got bad. I was at work and buried in testing, so luckily Ernie was able to take him into the doctor that afternoon. Lisa had guessed correctly: RSV. Thankfully I had Friday already off for spring break, so I took Thursday off and Asher had a nice long weekend to recover. I was shocked on Wednesday when Ernie told me the doctor said his ears looked fine. Of course, Saturday morning he woke up and one ear was draining yellow goo. So back to the doctor we went. Now we had breathing treatments, an antibiotic, tylenol for his never-ending fever, and a decongestant. Lucky Asher! On Tuesday when I picked him up from daycare, his other ear had a bloody discharge. Luckily, we didn't have to make another trip to the doctor because I had ear drops leftover from before. So now add ear drops to his list of meds. Did I mention that he also has been going through a "let's pretend I'm a newborn baby and wake up every 3 hours" phase? Yeh, that's been fun. Ernie and I are going to be very prepared for the new baby. In fact, I think I am going to just start weaning myself off of sleep completely. Who needs sleep really?
Anyway, I was glad I was able to be home with Asher, but I had planned to use Friday to knock off a million things on the "To Do for the House" list. That didn't happen. Luckily, Asher was better and fever-free by Monday, so I took them both to daycare and spent the day in Norfolk and Pierce. The drywall guys have been working all week, and the painter is coming on Monday. I am so thankful I am not painting this house. I know I could...but we definitely wouldn't be in by summer. There is so way I could find the time to paint doors, trim, walls, ceiling, etc.. until after school is out. So that is something that I am happy we are spending the extra money on. I think the kitchen/bathroom cabinets are all being delivered at the end of next week, so that is exciting. I can't wait to see them. I need to go out and take some new pictures this weekend.
On Sunday, I really wanted to spend my birthday in bed reading and drinking wine, but that wasn't going to happen. So I decided it was a good day to take Gavin to The Lorax. I feel bad Asher didn't get to go, but he needed another day at home. We took Gavin to Barnstormers for lunch. He loved the atmosphere, and saw a plane take off on the runway while we were eating. The afternoon was so peaceful with just one child. Isn't that funny how when you get down to just one child (it doesn't even matter which one you have), life is so much easier? Of course, part of me loves the chaos when the 2 boys are chasing each other through the house and tackling each other. Happy chaos...is that what they call it?
Yesterday, I had another appt. at the OB. I haven't been there in 6 weeks, because I have had to reschedule twice for different reasons. Poor baby is already getting neglected and he/she hasn't even been born. Everything was good, and I scheduled our gender ultrasound for April 2nd.
I am already feeling the end-of-the-year stress at work. Referrals have been coming in like crazy, particularly preschool referrals. I knew that would happen, because the fall was so slow. I am also trying to move up all the IEP meetings due in the fall, because I'll be on maternity leave. With everything going on, it will be a miracle if I make it to May 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment