Asher sure knows how to hit his Mommy where it hurts. His new thing when he gets mad at me is to give me those sad eyes and say, "I don't love you." It's like I am taking a punch in the gut, and he fully knows this. I read somewhere that if your kids aren't screaming, "I hate you" then that means you aren't being a good parent. :) I think I would rather hear "I hate you" than "I don't love you." I'm sure I have plenty of "I hate you's" in my future.
Despite these hits, Asher tells me he loves me several times a day. He will announce out of nowhere, "I love Mommy, and I love Daddy." He has also been so much more cuddly the last month, even crawling into my lap and letting me hold him like a baby. Which I love to do...that is until my arms completely go numb. He also will rub my tummy and tell the baby that he loves him/her. Gavin has decided that we are naming the baby "Simba." Asher wants to name the baby "Professer." We just figured out that he was saying that tonight. For the longest time, he pronounced it "Potassaroll" and we couldn't figure out what in the heck he was saying. Then he told me it was on Cars, and Shayla figured it out.
I would definitely say the last month has been a bad sleeping phase for us all. Asher has been up a lot at night, and Gavin even has ventured into our room claiming to be scared from bad dreams. Ernie and I feel like we have a newborn already as many times as we have been up at night lately. Asher also believes that morning begins at 5:30 a.m....which it not acceptable. Especially on Saturday.
Pregnancy news: I am officially in my 2nd trimester! I am very excited about this, and do think I am getting some energy back. Thank goodness, because I have been slammed with new referrals at work. I am already counting down to summer though. 46 working days! I can make it. And then with running to Tilden or Norfolk every day off making decisions on the house, it has been exhausting. Speaking of counting down, 188 days till baby is born! Man, that sounds like a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment