Sunday, April 8, 2012

The One About the Gender Ultrasound

   On the Friday before Easter, we had our gender ultrasound.  Ernie really thought it was a girl.  I just knew it was another boy.  For some reason, I always have thought I would have three boys.  Even before I had any kids, it was something I felt.  My feeling was correct.  It's a boy!!  I will admit there was that moment of, "ahh...it's not a girl."  But I really am happy to have another boy.  It will add to our already chaotic and loud household, but I can avoid all the teenage daughter drama.  I remember the fights my Mom and I had when I was in high school, and I still feel awful for putting my Mom through that.  And I was probably easy compared to many teenage girls. 
    Everything looked really good, and baby was healthy.   Baby was estimated at 9 ozs right now, in the 48th percentile for weight.  I can't remember exactly where the other boys were at this gestational age, but I was thinking that Asher for sure was already measuring big.  Things could change, but I am holding hope that this might not be a 9-pound baby.  :)  Even a 8 1/2 lb baby would be small after Asher.  We'll have another ultrasound around 30 weeks, so we'll see how baby measures at that point.  When I get nervous about big babies, I think of my friend Candis who had a 10-lb baby with NO DRUGS!  She is my hero! 
   We had a hard time getting a picture of baby's face.  He had his arms up in front of his face the entire time.  Our ultrasound tech joked that he was shy.  He definitely moved a lot though, which didn't surprise me at all.  All of my boys have been very active. 


The best face-shot we could get

All curled up with his knees tucked in.  I think he looks like he is on his knees praying.  He can hear now, and is probably praying for his life after he comes out and his big brothers get their hands on him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment