His face says it all. :) When we go to the classroom, I had to practically push him through the door. He was scared, and hung onto my arm for dear life. Mrs. Petsche has been the Kindergarten teacher at Ewing for 21 years. She is wonderful, and I was so excited that Gavin would have her next year. I knew she would make him feel comfortable right away. Sadly, Mrs. Petsche has decided that this year is her last. She is retiring in May. I am so disappointed. Now we have no idea who Gavin's teacher will be. I think there will be around 12 kids in his class, which for Ewing is a good-size class. There is only one girl in that group, but she goes to Lisa's with many of them so she is used to being the only girl. From Lisa's daycare, there are four of them going together, so that will help Gavin. As tall as Gavin is, he is not the tallest boy. There are about 3 of the boys who are really tall for their age.
I still can't believe we are at that point of starting school. It makes me sad to think that he will have this entire school-life that I won't be a part of. I know he will love it once he gets comfortable. He is especially excited for art class. Gavin is so artistic, which definitely comes from his Daddy. I cannot even draw a stick person. I can't wait for him to start reading. He knows all his letters, except gets R and K confused. He also knows many of his letter sounds, so he is going to do so well in Reading Mastery. I am excited for him. It's so cute, because we have worked on letters and sounds, and Asher sits by and soaks it all in. So when I write a letter down, Asher will try to make the sounds like we practice..."ba ba B" Of course, he might be looking at a letter T, but he repeats the sound before he names the letter. He has learned so much from Gavin, the good and the bad.
He is such an angel when he is sleeping...and then he wakes up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment