Sunday, May 20, 2012

The One About the Play Area

     One thing we have talked about doing since before we ever started building our home is making a giant play area in the backyard for the boys.  We knew we wanted lots of dirt and room for them to build roads, tunnels, etc..  We wanted an area where they could leave all their dump trucks, backhoes, and other equipment.  So yesterday while the boys and I were at the circus, Ernie went and got a load of railroad ties to prepare for his Sunday project.  First, here are two pics from the circus:


 
The one picture I took of Asher didn't turn out well.  He wouldn't even touch the cotton candy.  Also, his sword was broken before we even left the circus.  They enjoyed themselves though. 
    On Sunday morning, Ernie started on his project.  Here is the before shot:


The boys decided to take advantage of their last chance to play on the giant dirt pile before Ernie tore into it. 


Gavin decided they were going to play Jack and Jill in this picture.  He assigned Asher the role of Jill, and he was supposed to tumble down after him.  As you can see, Asher had other ideas (Jill shooting Jack with the gun!) 

     About halfway through Gavin walks over to Ernie and said, "You know, you would be a lot closer to being done if you and Mommy hadn't had that fight before you started."  Smart little boy!  Ernie and I had a "discussion" about where exactly we were going to put the play area before we began the process.  I need to remember that little ears are always listening.  :)

Here is the After picture:


     We made the area really large in case we want to add another playground set or a trampoline or something.  We also left a mini-dirt pile in there for them.  They loved hauling all their equipment out there.   I am hoping this will keep them entertained throughout the summer, so I can sit on the back porch and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment