I haven't posted much lately, but we have definitely been busy. Ernie took the boys fishing on Sunday afternoon. They were thrilled. Asher is still bragging that he caught a catfish this big (arms outstretched as wide as they go). In reality, he caught a bass this big:
The boys and I hit the pool on Tuesday.
The water was chilly at first, but they didn't care. Asher went down the water slide about 500 times. He was so tired when we were done swimming. Poor little guy crashed on the way home. The Ewing bus brings kids on Tuesdays, so Gavin had fun playing with a few of his friends. I have noticed lately that he leaves our side more and goes off with his friends. My baby is growing up. :(
On Saturday morning, we went to Story Hour at the library. Asher walks in, sits at the table, and says, "I am ready for my cookie." ha I told Idella that it's no secret why Asher comes to Story Hour. Forget the story and craft activity...bring on the sugar cookie at the end that Idella always gives them.
Asher has said several funny things lately. I have put many on facebook, but I want to document them here too. The other night he was riding in the tractor with Ernie mowing around the bins and he saw a bunny. When he got home that night, he reported to me, "I saw a bunny's buttcrack!"
I was looking through wall words for the boys' bedroom, and I found one quote that mentioned brothers being dear friends. I read it out loud. Asher asked, "What is a dear friend?" I started explaining that he and Gavin are such good friends so Gavin would be his dear friend. He started laughing out loud uncontrollably and said, "Gavin's not a deer!" I love my little man!!
A month ago, Gavin and I created a CD for him to take to daycare. He helped pick the songs he wanted on there. So we have been listening to it every time we are driving. One of the songs on there is "Ring of Fire." Gavin has been singing it a lot and in a deep voice, and the other day asked me, "Don't I sound just like him?" ha It's funny, b/c Ernie also seems to think he sounds like Johnny Cash when he sings those songs. Asher's favorite song is "Trouble" by Alvin and the Chipmunks. How appropriate! He sings it really loud, "I'm trouble. Yeah, trouble now!" Both boys also love "Fishin In The Dark."
Tonight we went to Nate and Jess's house to celebrate Jess's birthday. Nate and Travis had some of their friends there. One of them (whom I will not name) was smoking outside. I saw him, and was hoping the boys didn't notice. Too late. Asher marches right up to him and starts lecturing him, telling him that smoking is "bad, bad, bad." Then he yells really loudly at me, "Mommy, he's smoking!!" He then tattles to Nate and everyone else. It was so funny. I don't think I'll have to worry about Asher being a smoker.
I have had an exciting week with baby news. Two of my close friends have both told me they were expecting. They are both due in January. I wasn't surprised by one of the babies, but the other one was a shocker! Another baby to add to our play date group. Here is a picture from one of our play dates this last week. Baby Jett is in the background rocking with his Mommy. It's so fun to see this play group get bigger. :) The kids have so much fun together. Asher slept for 3 1/2 hours after the play date.
The contractor still hasn't been back to finish the house. Ernie talked to him today, and he said it might be 3 more weeks before he can get back. I am really disappointed. I don't know that it will be finished by Asher's birthday party, which was my goal. Like in the play date picture, that ugly door is just driving me crazy! I also really would like a bathtub. Ernie finally built some temporary steps off the back porch, because it was getting too hard for me to lift/lower the boys. If we can get the concrete guy back up to pour the back patio, then at least we can move ahead with the underground sprinklers, landscaping, and yard. I am just so anxious for it to be completely finished. I am also anxious to get all their supplies out of our garage and storage rooms.




No comments:
Post a Comment