The boys are done with swimming lessons. Thank goodness! It was fun to watch, but I won't miss sitting in the 100-degree weather from 5-7 every day for 2 weeks. Both boys passed their levels, which was exciting. During week 1, Asher didn't want to jump off the diving board by himself. He didn't mind someone lowering him into the water, but just wouldn't jump. "It's too high for me" was his excuse. He changed his mind after the first week. Ernie came to lessons to watch the boys. Here was the conversation:
Ernie: Asher, don't you want to jump off the diving board?
Asher: No!
Ernie: Come on, Asher. Just jump.
Asher: No! I'm not going to do it.
Ernie: Would you do it for $1.00?
Asher: No!
Ernie: Would you do it for $5.00?
Asher: (no response because he is in a dead sprint to the diving board)
And off he went without hesitation. As he was standing on the board, he was telling the lifeguard that his Daddy was giving him $5.00. He then continued to jump off on his own the rest of the week without the bribe of money. I was proud of him.
Gavin really made progress this year. He was jumping off the board and swimming to the side by himself, and even practicing diving into the deep end from the edge.
We had a fun weekend. The Spanglers came over on Saturday to play. The kids have so much fun together. We even fed them early, and then they played outside while the parents were able to enjoy a nice dinner. On Sunday, we went to the Back to School Bash at the Full Gospel Church. The boys played on the giant waterslide, jumped in the bounce house, and played the kids games. They had fun with their friends. It was just a nice weekend!
We are down to 2 weeks of summer left. I have my first training day on August 8th, and then report back to work on the 13th. Gavin starts Kindergarten on the 15th. Crazy! I can't really sit and think about it because I get teary. I just still can't comprehend that he is old enough to start school. Pregnancy-wise...33 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment