Thursday, September 6, 2012

The One About Callum Grey

     Callum Grey was born on August 28th, 2012 at 10:00 p.m. on the dot.  It was my shortest labor, but also most painful.  I don't know that I will ever forget the pain at the end, even as the bruises are slowly disappearing from Ernie's arms.  :)  Still, totally 100% worth every second.  Worth every time I complained about being pregnant.   Not that it doesn't feel absolutely fantastic to NOT be pregnant anymore.  The older boys and I went out the other night for a walk, and I had no lower back pain.  I felt like taking off in a dead sprint. Anyway, back to Callum.  We were both surprised at how small he was...I didn't think he would be as big as Asher, but I thought for sure he would be high 8's...  He was 8 lbs, 5 ozs and 21 inches long. I joked to the nurses that he was my premie baby.  :)

     Here are some pictures from the hospital:



Daddy got to push the button to play the lullaby throughout the entire hospital and nursing home.




    He seemed very calm and mellow right from the start, very much like Gavin.  He didn't cry when he got his first immunizations.  When we got back to the room, he slept until the nurse made me wake him up to try to feed him.  He was much more interested in sleeping than eating.  I think I see more of Asher when I look at his face, but I don't know.  We shall see in a few months. 
    He is just perfect.  His brothers adore him, and I love watching them together.  My 3 little men!

No comments:

Post a Comment