Thursday, September 6, 2012

The One About Callum's First Week at Home

    The first week has flown by so quickly.  It was nice that it was Labor Day weekend, and we had 3 full days together as a family.  We had many visitors, but also lots of time with just our little family.  The boys love their little brother.  They are constantly kissing him, asking to hold him, talking to him, and singing him songs (Asher loves singing him Old McDonald).  They haven't yet figured out their quiet voices, but Callum seems to be used to it.  He hasn't had any trouble sleeping through the chaos. 
    I will admit that the first full day with all of us at home was a little rough, just adjusting to a new routine.  The boys didn't realize that if Mommy is feeding Callum, she can't jump up and get them milk or help them with things like before.  It is building their patience!  Ernie and I tried really hard to spend quality time with the older boys, and then switch so the other one could have that quality time.  I didn't want the boys to feel ignored or that Callum was the priority now.  I think we have all adjusted well, and now feel like things are going really well.  It helps that Callum is a good little sleeper.  I don't think I have the new Mom bags under her eyes.  He is sleeping anywhere from  3-5 hours at night mostly.  There were a few nights where he was up 2 hours later, but I really can't complain with his sleeping.  I am also really proud of Gavin & Asher for adjusting to it all so well.  They have been awesome!!









    Callum had his one-week checkup on Tuesday.  He was back to his birthweight, so that's great.   The doctor said he is a very healthy boy.  Right now his weight is in the 52nd percentile and height in the 79th percentile...those are the smallest numbers I have ever seen.  I think both older boys have always been over 90th percentile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment