On Sunday, we had my family over for our immediate Funk family Christmas. So it's a small group, but those of you who know my mother know that she goes way overboard on presents...so it was a ton of gifts.
Nate's comment, "I like kids when they are little like this."
On Christmas Eve, we just cleaned up the mess from the day before and got ready for the big Funk family Christmas that night. Callum was exhausted from the day before:
Asher was not...big surprise.
If everyone comes to Christmas Eve, we have 43 people. Which actually isn't many considering there were 12 kids in my Dad's family. Many of them never married and had their own kids, so that really takes the number down. Anyway, not everyone could make it so there were 30-something. It is our tradition to do soups, and then everyone brings food. So it really is less cooking than my other two Christmas meals that I hosted. The boys LOVE these get-togethers, because there are so many teenage-early 20's counsins to play with them. There was a huge Nerf gun war in the basement. We had a giant Catch Phrase game. I didn't get my camera out that night, because there was just too much going on.
We were all in bed by around 12:30, I think. The next morning, the boys even slept till 7:00 a.m. Callum slept even later, so we opened gifts without him.
Later that morning, the Whitings all came for Chrismas dinner. The boys were excited to have Thatcher at their house again. It was a short Christmas, because everyone had to travel back that afternoon.
Today, we are just relaxing at home and cleaning up the house. I love getting out my Christmas decorations, but I am always ready to take them down as soon as Christmas is over. Ernie took the boys out for a little sledding.
No comments:
Post a Comment