Gavin had his Christmas program last Thursday. The Kindergartners had a little thing they did to start the program. They held ornaments with letters on them, spelling out "Happy Holidays" Gavin had the letter "Y" with the line, "Y is for our wish for you." We practiced it all week, and of course I had to work with him on the correct /sh/ production at the end of "wish." Here are some before pictures:
He said his line perfectly. I let out a sigh of relief. :)
Now when the singing started, that was a different story. I think Gavin was singing, but you could barely see his mouth moving. And forget doing the actions with the songs. He would have none of it. He kept glancing at me with eye rolls and that look that said, "I would rather be anywhere in the world but here."
It's been kind of a crazy week leading up to the program. The flu has been going around Ewing and daycare. Last Friday, Lisa's daughter was sick, so I kept both of the boys home from daycare, praying that Callum would not be exposed. Then Saturday, Asher started having symptoms and ended up puking all over the kitchen floor. Then he seemed to be fine. On Tuesday evening, he started running a fever, but then it went away. On Wednesday, he puked again, and then started running a fever through the night. So Ernie took him the doctor on Thursday, and yes...double ear infection. I should have known. His tubes were both out of the eardrums and in the canal in July when we saw Dr. Gebhardt. This time one of the tubes had worked itself almost out and the dotor was able to grab it. So Asher got to bring it home in a jar. :) Those darn tubes just haven't helped Asher at all. He still has had one ear infection after another. The poor boy is cursed.

No comments:
Post a Comment