Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The One About No Training Wheels Part 2

     Well I think it was back in April when we first took the training wheels off Gavin's bike.  He did great.  That first day he was riding up to 4 blocks.  Then he fell.  It scared him enough that he no longer wanted to ride his bike.  This was a big problem, since we are constantly walking/riding around town.  So we put the training wheels back on his bike, but Ernie raised them slightly so they weren't always touching the ground.  He has continued raising them up little by little.  So on Sunday, Gavin finally announced that he was ready to try again.  So off they came.  He's had a few falls, and still falls when he tries to stop and get off, but he is doing awesome.  I estimate that we rode over 2.5 miles today...with no falls.  Gavin has a Bike A-Thon coming up in either July or August, and my goal was to have those training wheels off by then.  Check!  Gavin is so proud of himself. 
   T-ball is still going well.  Ernie is the head coach, even though there are many fathers out there helping out.  I don't think Ernie has quite as much patience as he used to.  :)  Gavin loves it, but like the rest of them still has trouble keeping his head in the game.  The other night he was running from 1st to 2nd base, and found a feather.  He picked it up and ran back to home plate to show his Daddy what he found.  It was hilarious! 
    Asher's language seems to have exploded yet again.  He is now talking in 3-5 word sentences.  Nothing seems to get by him.  He is always listening to us.  He has also started telling about past experiences.  The other day he fell and scraped his knee.  That night he showed Ernie, "Ouchy, I fell Grandma's house."    Today I told him he needed a haircut and he said, "I go Sue's house."  (Sue Burtwistle cuts his hair).  He is constantly asking "Where" questions.  He just seems so grown-up to me lately, which is probably because that 2nd birthday is now just weeks away.  That's going to be a rough one for me.  Unfortunately, I cannot yet report that he has moved beyond his Blues Clues obsession.  I think he would watch the Blues Clues Baby Brother DVD all day if I would let him.  Yet, when I ask if he wants a baby brother, he yells, "No!"  ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment