This morning we were downstairs choosing what toys to bring upstairs. I let him bring some of his toys upstairs so we can play on the big rug. That keeps Callum and me from spending the day in the basement. So he said he would carry up his Ninja castle and I could carry the basket of Ninjas. I was following him up the stairs and it was obvious he was having trouble managing the castle. I heard him say to himself, "Girls are supposed to carry castles. What was I thinking?"
Asher was at daycare on Tuesday, so afterschool Gavin, Callum, and I headed to town to pick him up. Gavin insisted that we take the dirt road to town so he could show me the trees where he saw a deer standing the other day. He did, and about 2 miles up the road, I hit one. It wasn't that bad. It only damaged the front bumper just under the passenger headlight. We stopped, and Gavin jumped out with me to look at the damage. Then we got back in and headed to town. As soon as we started driving again, I heard him say, "That was so awesome!!!" Not exactly what was going through my head.
Lisa, our daycare provider, called me on Saturday to tell me something funny that happened at her house last week. I guess another boy took one of Asher's cars from him, and he just lost it. He started screaming bloody murder and his face turned all read. (Thankfully, he didn't hit him...just screamed) Lisa made him go sit down on the step until he had calmed down and then they talked about what he should have said instead of screaming. They finished the conversation and she turned to walk away when she heard him say, "We aren't going to tell my Mom, are we?"
During election coverage the other night, I had the TV on and was explaining to the boys what voting was, who was running for president, etc. They were really getting into it. Asher decided he was going for Obama and Gavin chose Romney. After Gavin announced he wanted Romney to win, Asher says very seriously, "Romney is just a big bully." I questioned why he felt that way, and he said it was because Romney was beating Obama so bad (this was very early on in the night obviously.)
The time change, although a blessing on Sunday morning when we had that extra hour before the baptism, has not been fun. Asher, our vampire boy who has never needed much sleep, has always gotten up at 6:00 a.m. Now guess what time he comes in to wake us up! For some reason, Tuesday night was a night from hell. Callum, who usually sleeps till at least 3:00-4:00 a.m. was up at midnight, 3:00 a.m., and maybe 5:00 or 6:00. Not an easy night with just that, but now add in Gavin waking up two different times and then Asher waking up once and then at his normal 5:00 a.m. Gavin must have had a nightmare, because he just refused to close his eyes again. He was scared of something, but wouldn't say. Ernie and I tried to alternate times up, but I still don't even know if either of us got a single straight hour of sleep. Thank goodness it was just one night. However, we can still count on Asher though for that 5:00 wake-up call every single morning.
In Callum news, he really is getting into vocal play. Every once in awhile, you hear these high pitch squeals coming from him. He is also really interacting and "talking" back when you talk to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment